Playing with Happy Memories
Happy Memories is our latest feature to be added to the Happiness Programme. Happy Memories brings personalised play to your magic table 360 sessions and allows for more person-centred care.
Below, we have included a short guide on how to access Happy Memories on your magic table 360. We have also added some tips for running your first sessions with Happy Memories.
How to access Happy Memories on the magic table 360
- Firstly, navigate to the games menu.
- Select the Happy Memories game (this is accessed the same way that you would select any other game).
- Enter your unique care home PIN (available on one administrator account per venue and found on the portal)
- Select the profile of the resident that will be using the game. You can also select a generic folder for group sessions.
- Choose which photos to display based on the categories used when the pictures were uploaded.
- The game will then load, shuffling all the images that have been uploaded.
Guidance on running your first Happy Memories session
For the best Happy Memories sessions, plan ahead. We recommend, where possible, showing the photos to your loved ones/ those in your care before they are uploaded to Happy Memories.
We recommend uploading photos that you feel would resonate, or be really enjoyed, by the person that will be playing with the Happy Memories game for more personalised play.
These could include, for example, photos of:
- Pastimes and hobbies.
- Favourite places.
- Family & Friends.
- Favourite foods.
Your first group session
We recommend running personal sessions with each member of the group before moving to a group session format. We also recommend starting a group session with images of objects and places that the residents may recognise. Ideas might include photos of:
- The care home and its outside spaces.
- The immediate community (e.g. the local church or high street).
- The care staff.
- Events that have been held in the care home (e.g. Christmas party)
When friends and family are visiting, suggest that they take the lead on individual sessions.
If you have any question about Happy Memories, or would like to share some feedback, please contact us here.
To learn more about how to upload your photos, and for an introduction to Happy Memories, check out our first blog post here.
Not a member of the Happiness Programme?
The Happiness Programme is a first-of-its-kind initiative helping to change the lives of people living with cognitive challenges. We use interactive light technology to provide meaningful activities for residents and patients in care homes and care settings. For more detail on what the Happiness Programme is and how it’s helping care venues across the UK, visit our getting started page.
Alternatively, jump to our dementia, learning disability and NHS pages for more specific detail on how it’s helping care homes like Barchester and HC-One as well as hospitals and local authorities such as St George’s Hospital, London and Westminster and South Kensington Council.
For anything else, you can contact us here too.