Need some help setting up your first magic table 360 session?
For first time users, we’ve put together a beginner’s guide to setting up and running the first session with your magic table 360.
- Check that the projector stand is ready and that you have your remote control to hand. You can check out the handbook provided if you have any queries on how the equipment should look.
- Decide which surface you would like to project onto. A light-coloured table, bed area, ceiling, wall or floor space all work well for interacting with the projector.
- Ensure that your environment is ready. Make sure to have suitable lighting, comfortable seating and a distraction free zone ready before you begin play.
- When moving the magic table 360 around on wheels, make sure that the brakes are off to ensure smooth movement.
- Don’t forget to use the clamp to stabilise the stand on the table or bed. Use light pressure.
Connecting and projecting
- Connect to your power supply. Plug the device into a suitable power socket and make sure that the cables are not a trip hazard for anyone in the surrounding areas.
- When the plug is switched on, press the orange ‘reset’ button on the plug to make an orange light appear. The main switch on the projector can be left in the ‘on’ position for an automatic start up.
- The magic table 360 will take a few moments to turn on. It will project a randomly selected game.
- Use the back button of the remote control to take you to the games menu. From here, you can select a new game for your players. It can be a good idea to select a game based on player interests, or you could always try something new! There is a random setting on the main menu which will automatically change the games every few minutes.
- Adjust the sound volume using the remote control and ensure it is at a comfortable level.
- If you need to adjust the projection area, for example to project onto a bed or ceiling, you can gently move the projector into position. (Remember the clamp enables a 360-degree rotation of the projector). Refer to the handbook for instructions. Take care if you need to loosen the projector with an allen key to do this safely.
- You can also change the size of the projection area by going into the main menu and following the instructions under the ‘Playing Surface’ setting. We recommend that you use this setting for the best results when switching between surfaces.
Not a member of the Happiness Programme?
The Happiness Programme is a first-of-its-kind initiative to help change the lives of people living with dementia. We use interactive light technology to provide meaningful activities for residents and patients in care homes and care settings. If you want to learn more you can find our magic table 360 handbook here. Alternatively, you could check out our games page. To join the Happiness Programme, and discover the wonders of the magic table 360, contact us here .