Who are we?
We are Social Ability Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Social-Ability.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information please chat with us through our Facebook page, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to us at Social-Ability, Third Floor North, 224-236 Walworth Rd, Walworth, London SE17 1JE
The information we hold about you
Information submitted through our website or over the phone
For example, when you enquire about one of our products. You might provide us with details such as your name, ID, job title, organisation name and address, and other similar details. We will ask for this information as it relates to your business, or the business(es) you’re contacting us on behalf of. We will never request your personal contact details, unless they are one and the same as your business details and you are happy for us to record / use them.
It should not be necessary for you to provide ‘sensitive’ information, which includes things like your racial origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership details or biometric data. If you do, we’ll only use this information in strict accordance with UK law.
Details you provide us to carry out our services
- Information needed to start a trial with us
- Additional information you might share with us, and we may record, during your time as a client
- For example, information you provide to us to assess the effectiveness of our product and services impact – both at your organisation and as it contributes to our wider social impact. See our happiness index for more information.
- Other information you provide to us through social media and other digital channels and services
- Cookie information via our website(s)
How we use your information
To provide our services. We use it to:
- Help us provide you with the best product and services to meet your organisations’ requirements
- Track, analyse and improve the services we give you and other clients
- To meet our legal obligations
- Search your organisation’s record at credit reference agencies when you sign up to a trial (this is a ‘soft search’ and shouldn’t impact your credit score).
In addition, with your permission. We use it to:
- Market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you by email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to by emailing us to email@example.com
Who we share it with
We may share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- Any organisation which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services. That includes:
- Partner organisations that help or support delivery of our community programmes and services
- Credit reference agencies (for information on how they use data please read the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice).
- Analytical and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) service providers Customer
- University partners, for the purposes of advancing research and product innovations
- Companies that do advertising for us, including PR (but we won’t share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time)
- We’ll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
How long we keep it
We keep your data as long as you’re a client of Social-Ability and for up to 3 years after that to comply with the law.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Make us correct inaccurate data.
- Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
- To do so, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we store your data
We might transfer and store the data we collect from you somewhere outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). People who work for us or our suppliers outside the EEA might also process your data. All our suppliers who handle or process data on our behalf are carefully screened and steps are taken to ensure protection of our client’s data.
How to make a complaint
We hope there’s never a cause to complain but from time to time we recognise that things do go wrong. If you have a complaint or need to contact us about our service falling short of expectations, the first step is to contact your local sales rep to attempt to resolve the problem. If unsuccessful, you can raise a complaint by emailing email@example.com and we’ll do our best to fix the problem. Every complaint we receive follows an internal complaints procedure.
Changes to this policy
We’ll post any changes we make to our privacy notice on this page and, if they’re significant changes we’ll let you know by email.